Monday, February 25, 2008

From the Cheap Seats to Front Row

Let me just begin by saying working for both Texas Tech & Missouri Athletic Departments I have been given a number of wonderful opportunities. Traveling with various teams has been amazing and then there are always the concert perks. While at Tech I got to see the Eagles concert from the athletic director's suite absolutely free. Last night was another one of those memorable nights. As employees of the Mizzou Athletic Department, we are able to request 2 comp tickets to any event that is held either any of our facilities, pending that the event is not sold out. Well Lady Antebellum, Jack Ingram & Martina McBride came to the Hearnes Center last night. Thankfully, we got comp tickets, so I was super excited. Our seats weren't amazing, but hey you don't complain when the tickets are free. So we are in C-section of Hearnes and actually at the side of the stage and there are speakers in our way, but these are FREE. This is the 3rd level of seating in our volleyball/gymnastics/wrestling competition "gym" -- also our old basketball gym...so we are pretty high up. The concert starts and Lady Antebellum is performing. Well part way through the first song, this guy starts talking to Tara & I. He says, "I work for Martina McBride, and I see you two girls sitting up here watching the concert. How would you like front row tickets for free. I have 2 of them." So we are shocked at this point and kinda skeptical of why he is handing us free tickets. He then says, "There's one catch: You just have to have a great time tonight." So of course we take them. It was AMAZING. The top picture is from the C-Section seats. That was our location for the first song. The slide show below is from our front row seats. There is obviously a noticable difference. Tara and I had a great time! So we went from the "cheap" seats (super cheap for us since they were free) to the front row. The concert was great. I only knew one of Lady Antebellum's songs, but they have several other good ones too. I love Jack Ingram, he fulfilled my Texas Country fix for a while. (I saw him earlier in the year with Dierks Bentley too). Martina McBride is AMAZING. She can definitely sing and has an amazing voice. I was in awe of how she can sing such powerful songs and never even seem to be tired.

4 Thoughts from Friends:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! You are such a lucky dog. I can't believe you got to see her for free and then front row seats. You girls must have been doing SOMETHING to get that guys attention. :)
I'm so excited for you and jealous that you are getting to go to such great concerts.
I love you and I'm glad you are having fun!
Love you and hate you all at the same time !
Your cousin! Laurie

Liss and MOMMY said...

I must be getting really old, all I can think is that must have been really loud. I agree with your cousin you girls must have looked really 'hot' last night to get noticed. Ok now I feel old because I used the word hot and don't even know if that word is still in use. I took Aidan, our oldest, in abercombie and fitch for kids Sat. and kept thinking it is so loud in here. 30's are not being good to me and it is just the begining. Thanks for the updates and pictures. Melissa

Doug said...

Holy Poo! I'm jealous! Martina is incredible.... I'm sure you had a blast. Good to see you last week... We should have had a chocolate shake!

emily and kyle said...

Glad you had fun jerk. haha j/k
I like the 3rd or 4th (not sure) pic of when the Martina ones start of the whole stage set...the lights and everything look really cool!!