Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Volleyball & Stuff

Once again it has been a while since I have posted. So sorry, volleyball consumes my life right now. We had physicals last Tuesday night and it has been a whirlwind since. We are practicing twice a day everyday and needless to say it keeps me busy. Breakfast at 7, get things ready at 7:30, practice at 8:30, cold tubs at 11:30, lunch & treatments, setter practice at 2, practice at 2:30, cold tubs again, treatments and dinner about 6:30. Repeat. We have Sundays off as far as practice, but still have to do treatments. Some time after that is all done, I find time to hang out with the other GA's or Casey, Neisha & Harper. Tomorrow will be a VERY busy day though and definitely longer than usual. The morning will stay the same, but in the afternoon we are hosting a youth clinic (there are over 200 little girls signed up already) and then we have our annual Black & Gold game. I am a little excited about the Black & Gold game because practice is beginning to get a bit monotonous and I am excited to actually watch a game :)

Even with our busy schedules -- me at volleyball, the boys at football, Tara at soccer -- we have still found time to hang out and have a good time. I am destined to get 2nd place in EVERY poker game we play. And y'all know I hate to lose and getting 2nd place continously is definitely not helping my competitiveness. We went bowling one night and had a great time. We ended up bowling 5 games that night and I think we all felt it for the next 3 days. Once again my team got 2nd, do you notice the trend here??? I am not dealing with this very well. Karaoke night has become a common occurance though. I am proud to say that I am still the reigning champ at both County Karaoke & American Idol (finally something I don't get 2nd in). We have slowly integrated Guitar Hero into our festivities. Tak & Adam also play the "real" guitar, so some nights they put on mini concerts for us and we sing along. They have even recorded some songs on to Tak's computer...we are a talented bunch if I must say so myself.

Well I must go check on the cold tubs...I don't want them to overflow!

6 Thoughts from Friends:

Anonymous said...

you must get off of this track of posting once every ten days...how are we ever going to keep up with you......your favorite brother in law

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you post so I know what's going on, don't listen to that brother in law of yours. :) He tends to giv you and Em a hard time about your blogs, but your family LOVES it!
I'm so glad you are making and enjoying friends, but I'm wondering when class and homework are going to be done. I know the schedule will change, but that sounds busy, busy! Oh well, maybe that will keep you out of trouble.
Love ya!
Laurie

Paul said...

Are you trying to say that 2nd place is 1st loser???

BTW: Until "your favorite brother-in-law" has his own blog that HE actually posts, don't let him get to you.

TREY MORGAN said...

Glad you're staying busy ... sounds like you might be too busy. Is that possible with you?

Thanks for the update. Love hearing about "what is going on."

Anonymous said...

Hey, dear, what's up? How was the volleyball game?? You know that's my sport and I really miss it!! haha (too old!) Keep posting so I can keep up with you. I used to talked to you all the time but you are WAY too busy for me now!! Get ready for school - it will be starting soon! Oh yea, I don't have to go!

See you in a few days.

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I think they are having two a days in Tulia also, but I would not know for sure. Actually it does seem a little weird not being involved but it certainly has it advantages also.
Keep us informed and see ya soon!

Dad