Sunday, August 5, 2007

Just a Quick Update

I haven't posted in a while, so I decided I would give everyone a quick update. I officially started work this week and I am loving it so far. We had our first staff meeting on Tuesday and then the students reported on Wednesday for some basic orientation. Wednesday night we had a staff dinner in Fayette (which is about 30-45 minutes away). My boss Rex surprised us all and rented two limos to take us there. We had a black Hummer and a white Chrysler 300. Both were VERY nice. Below is a picture of a bunch of us in the Hummer. Football started yesterday, but I am not working that. I am sad, but they have already decided to move practice from 8:15 to 7:15 on Monday-Wednesday becuase the temperatures are so high and we are in a heat advisory. So I won't miss opening the training room at 5 and will appreciate the cold gym. Volleyball starts on Tuesday with a meeting & physicals and then we start 2-a-days on Wednesday. We have 2-a-days every day until the 20th with Sundays off. Thankfully I have Stephanie as my student athletic trainer! :) She has worked with volleyball the past 2 years and basically knows how to run the show. She will also double as my "interpreter". We have 2 assistant coaches who are Chinese and 3 players. I have already been warned that I will not be able to understand them and they will never understand my Texas accent. In the meantime I am trying to enjoy my last few days of freedom!




6 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

So I totally understand the heat advisory. Atleast you don't have a lady coming over the tornado sirens telling you not to use water outside. But I heard that has to do with pumps breaking more than heat/drought. And Wednesday we are taking the kids to Six Flags...FUN..but HOOOOOTTTTT!!!

TREY MORGAN said...

Looks like tons of fun in a really cool car. As for the heat advisory ... here in Childress we're having our coolest and wettest summer ever. Not one day over 100 (and usually we have 25 or so). We're absolutly loving this global warming thing. I think I'll go buy another can of hairspray!!!

ha

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun in the old limo. Hope everything is going good with volleyball. Bump, set, spike

Dad

Anonymous said...

It looks like they are going to take good care of you and that makes me very happy.
Hope the 2 a days are going ok and that you are enjoying the A/C, that means alot with high temps. God was taking care of you girl! :)
Talk to you soon!
Love ya!
Laurie

emily and kyle said...

I was just reading your old comments...you should tell Daddy to refrain from ever ending a post with "bump, set spike"

Brooke said...

That issue has been addressed. They don't even use bump or spike any more. It's pass, set, hit.