Thursday, January 1, 2009

Headed to the Big D


Happy New Year to you all! As for me, I am headed to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl. My other loving family, the Chapmans, have invited me to go with them to the Cotton Bowl this weekend. How could I pass up a basically free vacation especially to see my alumni school play?? Free ticket, free ride, free place to stay (we are staying at Becky's brothers house, he won't be there)...and hopefully see a great football game. I am so excited to finally get to watch Texas Tech play in person this year. It is extra special for me because this is really the last year that I will know numerous guys on the team. Many of the seniors were my good friends in undergrad, so I am happy to see them play their final game at Tech. And I will get to see several friends from undergrad, some of which I haven't seen in several years.


I know the weekend will be a blast (duh, I'm going!!). Richard, Becky, Katie, Mike & Debbie Criswell & I are haeded out in about an hour for the Big D. Tonight we are going to an alumni party which I am pretty excited about because I expect to see several people that I know and haven't seen in years. Tomorrow morning we are headed to an alumni tailgate I believe and then it's game time. GO TECH! Saturday I think the girls are going shopping and the guys are just relaxing, then it's back on Sunday.


So it's back to my Red Raider blood this weekend...GUNS UP!!!

2 Thoughts from Friends:

Liss and MOMMY said...

We are never going to see you. Eat a chickent leg for me at Babes. We went this past Saturday, yum yum. It wasn't the same without the Chapmans.

emily and kyle said...

YOU ARE GOING TO BABES? I despise you. We are not friends. You stole the good background...now BABES?!?!?!?! You can't be serious.