Sunday, January 4, 2009

Well the game...

didn't quite turn out like we would have liked, but I had a great time while in Dallas. When we got to Dallas we headed to an alumni pre-game party on Thursday night. It wasn't anything spectacular and we hadn't eaten, so we decided to head somewhere else and watch the games that were on tv. So we ended up at a Hooters eating wings and watching football. Before the game on Friday we did a little tailgating as we joined up with Tate, Kelly, Tyrell, their girlfriends and some other friends. It was good to hang out with those guys, they are always fun. At the game I got to see several of my friends who I hadn't seen in a while. I met up with Valerie, one of my good friends at halftime. While talking to her, I ran into Danny Amendola, who was a receiver while I was at Tech. He was on the practice squad for the Cowboys this year and is headed to Philadelphia soon. During the 4th quarter I looked up and saw Toby Cecil, a former offensive lineman from Tech who I was a good buddies with. It was great to see them all. After the game we headed to a place called La Hacienda Ranch. It was soooo good. I highly recommend it. Saturday we slept in, then Becky, Debbie & I headed shopping. We didn't have a lot of time, but went to World Market and then to Southlake to shop. My friend Becky from undergrad met up with us and then joined us for dinner. We decided Pappadeux was a great choice, so we went and got everyone else and headed there. It was so great to see everyone that I hadn't seen in a while as well as hang out with some special people for the weekend. Like I said, the game didn't turn out like we would have like at all, but it was a fun weekend.

2 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

The game was pathetic. But I'm glad you had fun and got to see people! (especially your puff girls)

Doug said...

Surfed the blog a bit.... LOVE the barn pics! Now there are some cuties!! (Don't tell my wife... :-)