Sunday, September 9, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

So I still haven't gotten any better about posting more often. I really am trying, but things have been crazy around here. Last weekend we hosted our tournament and that definitely kept me busy. We had a team drop out a week and a half before it, so we ended up only playing 2 games, but the tournament was a 3 day tournament. We beat Notre Dame in 3 games, then lost to Florida Internation in 5. We won the tournament by the tie breaker rules, but it was still a long weekend. This past weekend I got to visit the greatest place on Earth, yes I got to go to Texas. Our tournament was in San Marcos. We won this tournament as well. We beat Cal State Fullerton in 3 games, Houston in 4 games and Texas State in 4 games as well. I did have an athete hurt her knee this weekend against Houston, so please say a little prayer that everything will be ok. She did get the tournament MVP though and didn't even play on Saturday, needless to say she is a key player for us.

Other than that nothing really exciting has happened. Just trying to keep up with the daily routine. We play Wednesday at home against UMKC and then open up conference at Texas on Saturday. So once again I get to go back to Texas, only it will just be for Saturday because we will start chartering flights. The girls on the volleyball team, especially the foreigners, are finally beginning to fully understand how big Texas is. They always say, "You get to see your family this weekend!" and I say no, "They are 6+ hours aways still." We travel there 5 times this season and I will only get to see my family once, when we play at Tech. Football is 2-0 so that is always exciting. I just wish I could go to more games. I know I will get to go to 1, possibly 2, but that is it. I definitely miss Friday Night Football in Texas though. I do always check the paper for scores though. I still hope to get better about posting more often in the future.

2 Thoughts from Friends:

Anonymous said...

Well....if your parents were rich, they would travel to see you every time you came to Texas! Get Dad some contacts, and he can work on $$$$!!

TREY MORGAN said...

Hi Ms Brooke, Hope you are good. I miss seeing you.