Thursday, September 20, 2007

Volleyball Update

My life currently revolves around volleyball so that is about all I have to update about. We beat UMKC in 3 games; 30-19, 30-17, 30-8. This was a big win for us considering it was our first game since we found out Jules won't be returning this year and it put us on a good note going into conference. Our trip to Texas was a quick one. All of the returning girls from last year were excited about the new plane. In the past they have flown on a 19 seater prop plane, but this year we have upgraded to a 30 seater jet plane. So now instead of making two stops on the way to Austin from Columbia, we made it in an hour and 45 minutes. It was GREAT!!! Conference play hasn't been going that well for us. We lost to Texas in 3 games, 22-30, 24-30, 24-30. We played pretty decent, but Texas is just good. They have some amazing players. My parents connected the computer to the tv and watched the match on the internet. Dad was very impressed by several of their hitters. One of their players is also the NCAA National High Jump Champion, so she definitely can get up when she's on the net...oh and she is just a sophomore. Wednesday we hosted Kansas in the Border Showdown. It was a tough loss in 5 games; 23-30, 30-26, 30-20, 28-30, 7-15. This brings our overall record to 7-4, 0-2 in Big 12 Conference. We are currently in Ames, Iowa where we play Iowa State tomorrow. Hopefully we can go home with a win.

Other than that not much is going on. I survived my first round of tests, but they weren't that hard at all. One was a take home test; the other was an open notes & book test. Harper (Casey & Neisha's daughter) did army crawl for the first time on Wednesday so that was exciting. She hasn't quite figured out how to get her belly off the floor, but she is actually getting pretty quick at the army crawl. When she wants to go somewhere she gets really excited first and starts kicking her feet then she scoots away. She will be 6 months on October 2nd and I am amazed at how much she has grown since I moved up here. Here's a picture of her watching the football game against Illinois and another of her before church last weekend.

2 Thoughts from Friends:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going good for you, even though you sound extrememly busy. You and I both know that you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you weren't on the go all the time. You have too much of your mother in you (I love you Aunt Nece, but we all know you can get more done in 1 day than the rest of us can do in 3) :)
I can't believe that Harper is getting so big so fast. I know that you are loving getting to see her and be apart of her life.
Take care a know we think about you often and love you much!
Love,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

I symphatize with Harper. Sometimes I have trouble getting my belly to go where it needs to go.

Hope ya'll have a good week in volleyball!

Love,
Dad