Monday, December 8, 2008

Big 12 Championship Game


My parents came up for the Big 12 Championship Game in Kansas City this past weekend. We played Oklahoma, and unfortunately lost 62-21. Above is the 4 of us in the car before the game. It's a little hard to get all of us in the picture with everyone bundled up and 2 in the front and 2 in the back. You will notice no Kyle in the picture....he went deer hunting with some friends. Thank goodness, because I didn't want to hear him yell Boomer Sooner the whole time. Everyone in the car is dressed in Black & Gold. Emily did wear her Texas Tech Football shirt underneath all her clothes. She said the most important one should be closest to her heart. I do think we will have to get her a new Tech shirt though...the one she wore was nearly a grey shirt instead of the originally black, as it has faded from washing it so much. I wish I had a picture of what she showed up in my house on Friday night. For those of you who aren't aware, my brother-in-law, Kyle, is a HUGE Oklahoma fan. Well he has one of those ski hats with all the crazy "strings" coming off of it. Emily walked in my apartment wearing this ugly crimson and cream hat, but she was also wearing a Mizzou shirt I bought her, so I told her I wasn't buying her cheering for OU. Thankfully she left it at the house on Saturday.

We had great seats at the game thanks to the Mizzou Athletic Department offering half price tickets to the staff. Sherri Moeller was kind enough to take a picture of the 4 of us at the game. If you look in the upper left corner somehwere up by the Sprint sign is where our original tickets were at. I definitely think our lower level seats were much better. We all had a great time even though the outcome wasn't what we were hoping for.

7 Thoughts from Friends:

Tandy Adams said...

So glad you shared your pictures! What a memorable event... too bad yall didn't beat OU! We were rutting for yall!

Tandy Adams said...

Ok I can't spell LOL! Should have checked myself.... I meant rooting of course!

emily and kyle said...

I should have taken the hat to the game!

Anonymous said...

not sure what you are talking about....i thought the outcome of the game was perfect

your favorite brother in law

Brooke said...

And that's why I am glad you weren't with us ;)

The Barnes Crew said...

Love the pictures, but not so sure I like your brother-in-law!! LOL :)

The Barnes Crew said...

PS. GO TIGERS!!!