Monday, December 22, 2008

Miller Christmas


This past weekend we had Christmas with my Dad's family. Unfortunately my cousin Shane and his family weren't able to make it, but it was great to see everyone else. Emily & I haven't seen them since July so just spending the day with them was great. They cooked us a wonderful breakfast on Saturday morning of biscuits, gravy, bacon, and eggs. It was SOOOOO good. Then for a mid day meal we had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, cream corn, homemade mac & cheese, green bean casserole and rolls. It was AMAZING. Then we had our traditional slush and of course red velvet cake, homemade candy, some sort of chocolate dessert that my Memaw used to make and peach cobbler. I am pretty sure I gained 5 pounds on Saturday alone.
Rather than everyone spending money on each other, we opted just to buy presents for Ashton & Seth (cause they are still kids) and then my Aunt & Uncle got me something because I am the only unmarried grandchild and I don't have Christmas with another family. Ashton got lots of hair & nail stuff that she was very excited about and Seth got a disc golf game and a table top foosball game. We were all impressed as Emily helped Seth put it together. Of course they both got Missouri t-shirts from their favorite cousin (that's me!!). I got socks and money :) I was super excited and really didn't expect it.
I have nearly 200 pictures from the day because I stole Emily's new camera and snapped pictures all day long, but I decided to spare you all the randomness and just post our family picture above. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

0 Thoughts from Friends: