Friday, June 19, 2009

Emotions

The emotional rollercoaster is in full effect. Like I said previously I am so excited to move back to Texas. I have what I expect to be a GREAT job and I am so excited for my new adventures there. I really like all the coaches I have met so far (so what if it's only 3 of them, but still). My parents will only be about 50 minutes away, so I can get my family fix then (and my dad will actually get to come to my basketball games now!). Jenny & JJ will be about an hour away, Elaine about 3 and half hours away, Katie 2 hours, and on and on...so much better than the at least 12 hours they are now. My extended family will also only be about 5 or so hours away. So many things to be excited for.

However, as I get down to packing the last parts of my house, I find myself becoming upset and the whole reality of leaving Columbia hits me really hard. I have developed so many great friendships here. Tara and I have become inseperable over the past 2 years and have kept each other sane. Neither of us are going to know what to do without the other one. She has a plan to team up with my sister to get me back up to the MidWest (and I haven't even left). Tara grew up in Illinois right outside of St. Louis. Her parents live about 20 minutes from Emily & Kyle so we have carpooled there several different times. Her family has taken me in and treated me like a 4th daugther. It was so nice to have another "family" to spend time with. Also I could not have asked for a better group of GAs to work with. It's pretty amazing that we work together, hang out together and half of them live together, yet we never really seem to get too tired of each other. Sure we have had our differences, but in the end we are all GREAT friends and if you mess with one of us you mess with us all. Some of my volleyball girls have become my good friends also. They have definitely kept me on my toes the past couple of years and honestly nothing surprises me anymore. Through volleyball I met Lindsey aka Hunter who I have become close to as well. She got me through volleyball season this year more than she realized. I am sad that I only got to spend a year with her. I am forever indebted to Casey, Neisha & their families. Neisha has fed me countless times and is always there when I need her the most. If it wasn't for Casey I would have never moved to Missouri. Their two children have been a true blessing in my life. (see the post below). Carolyn has also fed me countless times, especially at lunch when my cabinets have been bare. Neisha's family also treats me like I am part of them. I have met so many other great people through the athletic department, the Barnes, the Catons, the Scoggins, the Sharps, and on and on (I know I have left so many people out).

Moving to Missouri has truly been a great experience for me. I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried a new experience. I have learned so much about life, work, and friendships. I've already started looking at my calendar for next school year to see when I can get back up to visit everyone. Saying goodbye is always so hard, as I have done it so many different times between me moving and others moving. However, I must do it and just writing this post I have tears in my eyes.

Now I gotta go pack some more boxes so that everything is ready when my dad gets here next week. Then it's headed to the pool with Tara and then dinner with some very special girls tonight!

5 Thoughts from Friends:

A said...

we are sad to see you go too!!! whose gonna help we with the kids at baseball games??? but we know that you have to move on to bigger and better things...way to go, Brooke!!! you will be missed!!!

Anonymous said...

An exciting life is full of changes. Just think of all the things and people you would have already missed out on if you hadn't been willing to step out and do different things. You have thousands of wonderful people and have traveled to many, many places that some of us will never get to see. And by now you know that a friendship made is never lost even if you are separated by many miles. I believe God has something very wonderful for you back in Texas. As your Mizzou friends are sad to see you go those of us in Texas are glad to see you coming home. Love Aunt Wanda

Anonymous said...

I should have previewed my comment. I should have said you have met thousands of wonderful people. Aunt Wanda

emily and kyle said...

I will miss you but I'm excited for your new adventure!

The Barnes Crew said...

We are so sad to see our Brooke leave but know that when you come back to visit (and you will:)) that you will always have a place to stay or several! Good luck & congratulations on your new ventures...I know you will do GREAT!!! We will miss you!!

Many Hugs from the Barnes Crew!!!!