Sunday, July 8, 2007

Here Goes Nothing

It seems that everyone in my family has started a blog, so I have jumped on the bandwagon and created my own. I figure this will be a great way to keep people posted about what is going on in my life. As most of you know, I have accepted a job at the University of Missouri as a graduate assistant athletic trainer. As of now I will be working with the women's soccer team. This also means going to grad school. I will major in Health Education and Promotion and I have no idea what that entails so don't ask me yet~I'll get back to you about that later!



Moving away from home will be hard, but I am also joining some great people in Columbia, Missouri. When I tell most people where I am moving, their mouth drops and they ask why there? Well my first two years as an undergraduate athletic trainer at Texas Tech, I had a great graduate asssitant, Casey, over me. Even after Casey left Texas on his great athletic training adventures we have stayed great friends. Somehow he has convinced me to move from the great state of Texas to Missouri (hopefully it's not misery!) I was in his wedding 3 years ago to Neisha, and they have recently had a precious little girl named Harper. Below is a picture of them about a month ago with Truman the Tiger (yes the same tiger I have called whimpy for the past 6 years is now my mascot). Casey's parents also live in Columbia and have taken me under their wing during their trips to Lubbock and my trips to Missouri. Momma Carolyn makes the best cookies ever and I can't wait to be a few blocks away so that maybe I can coax her into making me cookies when I am craving them. Casey also has a brother who lives in Moberly (about 35 miles north) who I have befriended. Then there is also Neisha's family who is close. Her parents live in Huntsville (about 40 miles north) and her oldest brother lives in Columbia also. They have all become great friends of mine and are willing to take me in for the next two years as one of their own.





My sister and her husband have also recently relocated to Edwardsville, Illinois. They will only be about 2 hours away from me, so having them close will be great also. You can visit their blog by clicking on the link (Emily & Kyle) on the left above.
So here goes nothing on my adventure to Missouri. Oh yeah, my official moving date is July 17th.

0 Thoughts from Friends: