Friday, July 20, 2007

I'M HERE!!


So I am officially a Missourian now~well a resident anyways. I will always be a TEXAN no matter where I live. After about 13 hours of driving on Tuesday we arrived in Columbia...don't worry it doesn't always take that long, but the good ol' Penske truck didn't like some of those hills too much so we had to slow down a little. Wednesday the boys (Casey, Tom, Matt, Adam, Shane & Tak) all showed up to help unload the truck. It was all off the truck, upstairs and in the apartment in 33 minutes. Pretty fast if you ask me...now unpacking has been a different story. I am on day 3 of unpacking, but good news, only a few boxes to go and they are mainly just decorations! The apartment is great and I really like the location. I did find out a few days ago that I will actually be working with the women's volleyball team instead of the soccer team which made me super excited because now I will be in CoMo the day Mizzou plays Tech in football! We do have a volleyball game that day (against #7 Texas), but it is scheduled around the football game, so that is definitely a plus. Now I am just praying it is a night football game so the vball game will be early! Well I supposed I should get back to organizing what is left to unpack and put up. I'll try to post some pictures later.

2 Thoughts from Friends:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going so well for you. I can't believe you almost have everything done in 3 days, it's been 3 months for me and I STILL don't have all the things put away (I guess i do have a bigger house and 3 other people, including 2 kids things to put up) :)
I'm super excited about the sport change for you and I know your family is all excited about being able to come for the Tech game.
Take care and don't forget us.
Love you and look forward to seeing you!
Laurie

Paul said...

We need pictures of the new place! Are your closets color organized???

Love you!