Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Fun Filled Week

This past week has been filled with fun. Tuesday afternoon Tara and I headed to Oklahoma City for the Big 12 Baseball Tournament. It was an absolute blast. You all know how much I love sports and there was some great baseball played while we were there. We only got to see Wednesday & Thursday's games, but had a great time. I also got to see my buddy Zane, he's an equipment manage at Tech, he's the clipboard guy! :) The Big 12 Equipment Manager's meeting overlaps the tournament and just happens to be in OKC so it was great to catch up with him.


The tournament is held at the AT&T Bricktown Ballpark. So Tuesday night Tara and I headed down to Bricktown to eat and hang out with Matt & Blake (the baseball trainers). Bricktown is a really cool place. I have a ton of pictures (big surprise huh?), but I'm not gonna put them all on here. If you wanna see them, let me know. Wednesday morning we had the early game. First pitch 9am. We beat Texas in 10 innings, 3-2. Trevor Coleman (who is from Dripping Springs & didn't get recruited by Texas) hit a walk-off single to score Lollis and win the game. Beating Texas is always enjoyable. Wednesday night we went back to watch Oklahoma State & Kansas State play. Matt went to undergrad at K-State & Kyle's cousin, Rebel, plays 1st base for Ok State so we both had interest in the game. KState was victorious over the Cowboys, but it was a good game. Thursday we played the late game at 7:30 vs OU. We lost the game in the bottom of the 9th on a 2 run-game winning double. :( That's the 5th game this year we have lost when leading in the 9th. Unfortunately we lost on Saturday to Texas A&M, 6-2, and didn't make the championship game. We find out Monday morning who and where we play regionals.

Here are some pictures. My camera has this really cool option where you can take all these pictures and then use a program to "stitch" them together, that's how I got the whole field and dugout pics. I decided to do a slideshow of the games because I couldn't pick out just a few to post. I left a ton out of the slideshow as well.


Friday we headed back to Columbia. Saturday was Stephanie & Jacob's wedding (Stephanie was my student who worked volleyball with me this year). She looked absolutely amazing! Their wedding was beautiful and her reception was tons of fun. She starts grad school at Texas Tech on Tuesday, so it was get married on Saturday, head to Lubbock on Sunday. I am so excited that she is getting her Masters in Athletic Training at Tech.

Well that is my short recap of my past week. I have tons more details for anyone interested. I fly home Thursday and I am super exicted. It will be another fun filled weekend. Katie graduates on Friday night (I feel SOOO old). Valerie is getting married on Saturday and then I am going to see my PawPaw (he turns 95 on June 1st--ok now I feel young) and other family sometime after that. Can't wait to get to the greatest place on earth--TEXAS! (Like you had any doubt of what I was talking about)

4 Thoughts from Friends:

TREY MORGAN said...

wow, you're wearing a dress!!!

You look nice :)

PS - I promise to someday stop giving you a hard time!

Anonymous said...

Glad Bricktown was fun! Anxious to see you on Thursday!

Love ya,
Dad

Liss and MOMMY said...

Tag Meme, Check out my blog to understand.

emily and kyle said...

Have fun in Texas jerk. Tell the family I said hi