Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm Alive

Yes, I am alive. Just in case some of you had doubts. The past few weeks have been super busy with volleyball and school, mainly because I have procrastinated on things that are due and yes I have known about them all semester, but who really wants to get ahead. Spring volleyball is OVER! I am so excited to have a break. It wasn't that much to do, just very time consuming. We finished spring ball with a trip to Arkansas to scrimmage their team. It was a quick 29 hour round trip, but I got to see some of their campus. From what I saw their campus was very nice. I only got to see the Barnhill Fieldhouse (volleyball & gymnastics) which is basically where all the women's sports are housed and then we ate in the student union. I told Becky I was impressed with what I saw (she is a lifelong Razorback fan) and she asked what I expected....pig farms?!?! The entire city is obsessed with the hog though, I would compare it to Austin and the Longhorn. Anyway, we played well and ended the season on a strong note.

This past weekend my parents were here! It was so great to see them. I got to spend a week at home during spring break, so it hasn't been that long since I have seen them, but Emily & Kyle haven't seen them since Christmas so they decided it was time for a visit. After spending a few days in Illinois, they ventured west to see me. Saturday night Emily, Mom, Dad, Tatum, Tara & I went to see the Blue Man Group. It was a ton of fun. Emily has seen a show in Vegas, as well as the one we saw in St. Louis. The concert was in Mizzou Arena (yes, free tickets are still amazing). We had good seats, great if you compare them to Emily's seats in St. Louis. They definitely put on a great show and had tons of crowd interaction. This particular show was how to be a Megastar 2.1. All the different things they play music on is pretty amazing. The opening act was cool too. He was a dj who was controlling all the music and video we heard and saw, he did some pretty cool things with different movie clips. Here are a few more pictures....you can tell Mom & Dad were having fun.


I only have 3 classes left :) I am so ready to be done with school for the semester. I do still have a 10 page group paper & presentation and a test to go, but that's not too bad. Tara & I are going to the Big 12 Baseball Tournament in Oklahoma City so I am very excited about that, and then I am flying home the end of May for Katie's graduation (I still can't believe she is already graduating) and Valerie's wedding. (Melissa beware, if I get bored, I am coming to play with the kids.) Summer camps are right around the corner and those will keep me VERY busy. I'm in charge of making sure we have athletic trainers at all the camps, and thankfully they have all been covered! YEAH!

Our spring football game was a couple of weekends ago. The weather definitely wasn't the nicest and I wore more clothes to it than the football games I went to in the fall. Anyway, last year I came up for the spring game as well and Harper was only 3 weeks old. We put the eye black stickers on her and took a picture. We did the same thing this year (she's obviosly a year and 2 1/2 weeks old in the picture). I just thought I would share with those who hear about her all the time how much she has grown. She is walking all over the place and a ton of fun. I can't wait til she starts talking and I can teach her all my Texan words :) She also loves to open the coolers and eat ice, the last picture is the huge piece of ice that she is trying to get completely in her mouth at our post-game tailgate.

4 Thoughts from Friends:

Liss and MOMMY said...

Come on over we would love to see you. Joshua is a little disappointed in Valerie getting married. He has always had a thing for her. He gets a little shy around her now.

Doug said...

Good to hear from you again... Blue Man Group was one of the coolest shows I've ever seen.... It sounds like y'all had lots of fun! Good Deal!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you girls enjoyed your mom and dad's visit and the show. It looks like it was lots of fun.
Love ya and miss ya!
Laurie

emily and kyle said...

WOOHOO...you're alive! haha I got nothing...so I just came up with something random.