Thursday, August 28, 2008

On the Road Again

Blogging two days in a row--WOW!--impressive I know, but don't get used to it. Today begins our (the vb team) travels all across the US. Today we leave for Provo, Utah for the Molten Classic Tournament at BYU. It's a two-day tournament, but we play late on Saturday night so we aren't returning until Sunday. Speaking of Saturday, it's also the kickoff of our football season as well. It's the Arch Rivalry vs Illinois in St Louis. I am so sad that I don't get to go to the game (I even had a ticket if I was going to be here), but it is nationally televised on ESPN beginning at 7:30 pm. They have changed our game vs BYU to 8:30 central time, so maybe I can find a TV close to check up on the beginning of the game, and trust me I will be getting text message updates :) Next Thursday we leave for a tournament at the University of Maryland, the next weekend at University of Nevada (in Reno) and then we open up conference at Oklahoma the following Wednesday. We don't have a home game until September 21st when we return to Home Sweet Hearnes (that's our slogan for marketing this year). 10 straight road games. I'm excited to visit places I have never been before, plus it's a lot less work for me on the road than at home.

And so we're off. I'll let you know how we did at the tournament later. This is the time where my blog posts become strictly about volleyball, but that's all that will be going on in my life. Hopefully I'll have great news about the football team as well! MIZ-ZOU! GO TIGERS!

1 Thoughts from Friends:

The Barnes Crew said...

Have a safe trip and bring back some "W's"!!

GO TIGERS!!!