Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another Busy Week

This week was another busy one. Wednesday we played at Nebraska. We got swept 25-19, 25-22, 25-14. We played really well in games 1 & 2 and pretty good in game 3, just a few low spots hurt us. We had our best hitting percentage of the year so that was definitely a plus. This Saturday we played at Colorado, which hasn't been very kind to teams visiting there. We had a 2 pm MT game so we went out Friday morning (something with the charter company we couldn't leave Friday afternoon). We practiced as soon as we got there then went downtown to eat. We spent a little time walking around Downtown Boulder. It's a very cool place if you ever visit there, lots of specialty shops and boutiques. We got per diem for dinner so Laura, Lauren, Jules & I went out looking for something to eat. We found a place called Beau Jo's pizza. It's a great place to eat if you are ever in Colorado, I highly recommend it. Anyways, we had a very successful weekend in Colorado, beating them 25-23, 25-22, 20-25, 25-20. That was only our 2nd road win in conference and it put us in a 3 way tie for 5th in the conference, our best position in the league all year. It was also the program's 600th win. That brings our overall record to 13-13 and conference record to 7-9. In order to be considered for the NCAA tournament we have to have a record above .500, so we must got at least 3-1 in our remaining games. We host #14 K-State on Wednesday, travel to Baylor on Saturday, then host #4 Texas and Texas A&M the following Wednesday & Friday. It's a tough stretch still left to play.

BIG 12 NORTH CHAMPS!! Football beat Iowa State 52-20 on Saturday evening to clinch the Big 12 North Title for the 2nd year in a row. Texas beat kansas early on Saturday, so a win at Iowa State sealed the deal for us. We made it back from Colorado in time for me to catch the 4th quarter, so I was excited to watch it. I realized Friday morning when I got on the plane I forgot to set my DVR :( so I don't get to watch the game, unless I can catch the game on Big 12 No Huddle this week sometime.

Soccer hosted NCAA 1st & 2nd rounds this weekend. They beat Evansville 2-0 on Friday night. Today they played Illinois and lost in a PK shootout, 4-3. The girls had a great season, with a record breaking record of 16-5-2.

That about wraps up the week. Exciting I know, sports, sports, sports....it's all I ever do right now. Two more weeks of volleyball, maybe more depending on the NCAA tournament. I'm excited for the holidays though, so I can spend some time with my family and friends and going back to Texas! Thanksgiving will be spent in Columbia, but my parents are coming up the next weekend for the Big 12 Championship Game and we're having Christmas with Kyle that day since it's Emily & Kyle's year with his family and we won't get to see him around Christmas.

1 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

Glad Mizzou won, but I still don't think I can go for them in the Big XII championship. My apologies in advance.