Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Break???

I'm not really sure who came up with the term "Thanksgiving Break" but clearly they weren't involved in sports, school, a job, etc...must be a bum with nothing else to do.

Last week was an unsuccessful one for the volleyball team. We hosted Kansas State on Wednesday night and lost in 5, 25-21, 19-25, 25-12, 20-25, 12-15. We played well for the most part, just had some let downs in games 4 and 5. Saturday we traveled to Baylor for our last road trip of the year, after leading 2-0, we lost in 5, 25-22, 25-19, 17-25, 23-25, 12-15. We have mathematically eliminated ourselves from the NCAA tournament, but then today at practice Wayne told us it is not impossible to make the tournament, simply becuase if we win out our record will be 15-15, 9-11 in Big 12, and we could possibly finish above a team that has qualified for the tournamnet, and if they take that team that it would be hard not to take us. So I am really not sure exactly what all is going on. One day he tells us we can't make the tournament the next it's still possibility. Either way, we host Texas & Texas A&M on Wednesday and Friday and both will be tough games.

Sunday I spent all day at Hearnes working the Missouri Open, which is our huge wrestling match/tournament. They put 12 wrestling mats out in the fieldhouse, with 2 divisions, and start wrestling at 9am. We actually finished rather quickly this year, with all the matches done by like 6:15. We were cleaned up and out the door by about 7:15. Overall Mizzou wrestled well. They don't actually declare a winner, but if they would have, we would have blow everyone out of the water. I don't completely understand wrestling, I have figured out a few things, but it is fun to watch our guys because several are ranked rather high nationally & we were ranked #5 in preseason rankings as a team.

Monday I slept in for the first time in who knows how long. Practice was at 1, then I headed to the Lake of the Ozarks to do some Christmas shopping. I was a little disappointed in their selections, but picked up several gifts. We had morning practice today, then I went to the mall to finish up shopping. I am glad to report that all of my Christmas shopping is done except for my sister, who for some reason this year I can't find anything for her.

Adam (Football GA) and his parents cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for the GAs that are still in town tonight. So Adam, Drew, Shane, Adam's parents and I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. I can barely move at the moment. It was great. Now I am in the process of wrapping the presents I bought. I was really hoping to get my tree up and decorated tonight, but it's looking like that isn't going to happen. I am just hoping to get the tree up and will worry about the ornamnets tomorrow. I've got another full day with Texas practice, our practice and then our game. Thursday we have practice in the morning, then I am going to Thanksgiving with Casey & Neisha's families and whatever GAs are still in town. Friday A&M practices in the morning, we practice then our last home game. Friday night after our game I am headed to Kyle & Emily's house to hang out with them. Saturday morning I will be glued to the TV watching the Mizzou-ku football game, then hopefully we can get the Tech-Baylor game at 2:30....then OSU & OU play at 7. I am officially an OSU Cowboy fan this week, as a Tech win and an OSU win puts Tech in the Big 12 Championship game.

Sometime this week I need to work on my 2 finals that are due in 2 weeks. I would really like to have them completed by the time my parents get here next week, but at the rate things are going around here, I may be writing papers all of next weeekend.

3 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

I've decided my Thanksgiving breaks wree much more restful when we traveled to visit family! Staying home just made me have 9000 things to do!

Brooke said...

I agree

Unknown said...

I thought about you and Emily this week. I'm working at Campus Design here in Lubbock and will be the store manager at the Double T Zone at north end of Jones Stadium! All that Tech stuff that you guys have, I will be selling. Hope you are good and not working too hard! Happy Thanksgiving!