Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cards vs Cubs

On Thursday, Tara, Shane, Borts, Jen, Drew, Erin, Clyde & I all loaded up and headed east to St Louis to watch the Cardinals play the Cubs. All in all it was a great game. I personally could have cared less about who won. Tara & Borts are both Cards fans and Drew is a diehard Cubs fan. The Cards had already won the series, but were going for the sweep--which they achieved. It was nice to get out of Columbia and do something as a group. It was my first time to be in Busch Stadium. I must say it has nothing on The Ballpark at Arlington. Maybe I am a little biased being from Texas, but The Ballpark at Arlington is BEAUTIFUL. We took advantage of the buy one get one free coupons and ended up with seats in right field. The first few innings were a little rough as the sun was directly in my eyesight, but it eventually went behind the stadium. Here are a few pics from the game.

Tara & I before the game

The group before the game.


The veiw from our seats.


The scoreboard

2 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

Did you get your free Big Mac? I saw later that it DEFINITELY went to the McDonalds thing...Pujols took out the "I" in BIG MAC. So you should be able to redeem it in St louis!

Brooke said...

No, we didn't go get Big Macs :( I wanted to, but it was just easiest to go straight home. I thought he knocked out the I, but I wasn't sure if it was his ball that knocked it out or it just went out during the game sometime. I nearly missed the home run all together because of something else going on at that time.