Friday, May 22, 2009

Water & Keyboards Don't Mix

If you only knew how long it truly took me to type this post. Yesterday I was doing something in the living room and my computer was sitting in the floor, well I got up to walk to the kitchen and kicked over a glass of water I forgot was sitting there..right onto the keyboard of my laptop. So I quickly dumped the water out of the keyboard, sucked out as much as I could and everything seemed to be fine. I was so relieved! Not so much when I got home from the Cards-Cubs game. I decided to check a few things online before I went to bed. That when I discovered the problem, the left side of the keyboard where I spilt the water was perfectly fine, the right side not so much. Here is what it looks like when you type:

I never rea;lized I used the ;letter po spo much in everyday typing\. Thank gpoopness I have teh Cpompo;lete Care POrpotectipon with De;ll;.\ They wi;ll; repo;lace it fpor free )(we;l;l my warranty cpovers it)(.\ It is being shiopoped tpo the Depoopt as spoopn as I get the bpox\. Spo that means I wi;l;l be abpout a week withpout a cpompouter :L)( but it has tpo be better than fixing every sing;le sentence that I typoe\.

Translated: I never realized I used the letter o so much in everyday typing. Thank goodness I have the Complete Care Protection with Dell. They will replace it for free (well my warranty covers it). It is being shipped to the Depot as soon as I get the box. So that means I will be about a week without a computer :( but it has to be better than fixing every single sentence that I type.

The Cards game was fun, but that will have to be a later post when I don't have to do so much editing!

***UPDATE as of 2 pm*** So I got off the computer, ate some lunch, picked it back up around 2, and I start typing and realize that everything is back to normal. This is pure craziness, the rest of the computer must have dried out. However, I still think my computer is going to make a visit to the Dell Depot just to make sure everything is ok!

1 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

you typed poop alot in the example...just sayin...