Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And We're Back...

For a little bit anyways. This past weekend was spent in Reno, Nevada. Traveling there took forever. Nothing too exciting happened this weekend. We flew out of Kansas City to Phoenix, where our plane was delayed like an hour and a half, then finally onto Reno. We went 1-2 in the tournament, making our overall record 5-4. We lost to Nevada & Pepperdine, but finished out the tournament beating UC Davis in 3. We looked like a totally different team against Davis, definitely for the better. I think the girls are finally finding their place on the team. Sunday we spent ALL day traveling. We left the hotel at 5:30 am (PT), had a 7:25 flight, had an hour layover in Vegas (which I am sad I didn't get to ENJOY Vegas) then finally landed in KC about 2:15ish (CT). After getting our bags we headed home. We didn't get back to Columbia til like 5:30. I was WORN out from that day. I'll post pics of Reno later, I haven't put them on my computer yet, maybe I'll do that while in class this afternoon ;) (don't worry I take notes at the same time!)

Tomorrow we play at OU. Yet another road trip, only these are better, we fly there in the morning, practice, eat, play and fly home. Only one more overnight trip (ISU) until NCAA tournamnet. It's our first conference game, so that is always exciting. OU and Tech played last weekend in a tournament at Tech (long story...Hurricane Ike cancelled some tournaments and caused some rearranging) and the conference let them count it as their conference game. Tech took OU to 5, but OU prevailed and won. OU is 5-4 overall. We really need to go into Norman and beat OU. We were picked several spots above OU in the pre-season Big 12 rankings...so we are hoping to uphold those expectations. If you are bored on Wednesday night...get on GameTracker & cheer for us.

We FINALLY have a home game on Sunday vs Baylor. I'm not sure exactly what time we have practice on Saturday yet, but I am hoping for a morning practice so I can make it to the entire football game. Either way, I am super pumped about getting to go to the game.

Speaking of football, Mizzou put up another stellar performance on Saturday vs Nevada. We won 69-17. We broke numerous records on Saturday so that is always exciting! Polls came out and we moved up to #5. YEAH! GO TIGERS!

Oh yeah, my aunt & uncle are in Missouri right now--they spent the weekned with Emily & Kyle and are now at a cousin's house, but they are coming to see me Thursday afternoon :) I'm excited to see them and then I get to see my parents (and maybe Robert) next week!!!

0 Thoughts from Friends: