Thursday, September 25, 2008

WE WON!!!

Yeah, we got our first conference win! We swept Tech last night 25-18, 26-24, 25-15. It was a much needed win. We are now 6-6 overall and 1-2 in Big 12.

Going to Lubbock was GREAT!!! I got to see my parents and Katie and visit with some other people I used to work with. I was sad that I didn't get to see Pam, Robert or Rebecca. Pam decided she wasn't strong enough for the stairs, which I totally understood, but Mom & Dad were going to bring Robert with them. Unfortunately, he woke up Wednesday morning with a fever and throwing up and hadn't felt good for several days, so Pam took him to the doctor. While at the arena I got to visit with Jon who helped get me a job as a student trainer at Tech and kept me in the profession my freshman year of college. I spent many a days in his office, crying and wanting to quit because I wasn't happy mainly due to my supervisor, but he assured me that I was doing a great job and things would get better. Thankfully, I stuck it out and had a great experience after that. After our pre-game serve & pass, the parents, Katie & I went to Rosa's. I love that place and it was so nice to have GOOD Mexican food. I really miss that stuff. After that we went over to the football facility so I could visit with Buzz. Of course, Tech was in the middle of practice, but I walked out on the practice field fully decked out in Mizzou gear. Only a few guys who had no idea who I was gave me crap about it. When I explained to them I used to go to school and work at Tech and I was there to see Buzz they decided I was ok. It was so great to catch up with him and several other people that I worked with there. I even got 3 new pairs of scissors out of the deal (hey it's the simple things that make me happy, especially when one pair of my good scissors were stolen out of the locker room). In the middle of the game I looked up and saw another fromer boss of mine Ken (Jon's dad). It was so great to see him and talk with him. He is an amazing man that I have known since high school, who also helped me get the job at Tech. I told him I had no idea what I was going to do after this year, and he said, "Well let me help you when the time comes." It is so great to know that people at Tech still want to help me successfull. I still have a few months before I have to decide what I want to do after this year. I love Mizzou and everything that it entails, but everytime I go home I miss Texas even more. I know I have a tough decision to make in the future.

On a side note---GO VOTE for Chase. He has fallen to 2nd place behind the Georgia runningback in the fan poll, but he still leads most of the other predictions (SI.com, ESPN, etc...)

4 Thoughts from Friends:

Liss and MOMMY said...

Very cute background! Congrats on the win.

The Barnes Crew said...

Glad that you had a great time being back in Texas, and that we got a win!

We aren't ready for you to leave Mizzou! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job sweeping Tech, although I like Tech!

Moving and Change are tough! We moved a couple of months ago, as you know, and it was tough to leave very close friends but we are having a blast renewing friendships and making new friends while keeping the old ones.

emily and kyle said...

Glad you had fun in Lubbock!