Monday, September 29, 2008

An Uneventful Weekend

Well this weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday after practice Matt, Melissa & I went to Tequila's for dinner, but we so exhausted from the week that we ended up just going home and going to bed for the night. Saturday I spent most of the day at Hearnes. We hosted Southern Illionois University-Edwardsville in volleyball. We swept them 25-8, 25-21, 25-22. SIU-E is a team that is transitioning from DII to DI. They are a scrappy team and after game 1 played us pretty tough. Saturday night Melissa and I went downtown and met up with some other friends for a pretty low key night. Football had a bye this week, and from all the craziness that occured it was a great week to just sit back and watch games. We moved back up to #4 in one poll and #3 in another.

Sunday I gave the girls the day off, we didn't have practice and I didn't schedule any treatments becuase it was the first day since two-a-days that we haven't spent together. I figured after a 2 win week everyone deserved a day to themselves and sometimes rest is the best treatment. I got up and went with Neisha & Harper to church. It was so nice to go and worship and just spend the day reflecting. I got some house cleaning done and did some laundry. Sunday night we had family dinner at Melissa & Drew's apartment. Tara wasn't back from Nebraska yet, but Melissa made pepperoni and bbq chicken pizza for us all. It was great.

Another whirlwind week has already begun. We host Iowa State on Wednesday and go to Texas A&M on Saturday. A&M is an exciting trip for me because I get to see one of my former students & athletes, Will! :) Football opens Big 12 play at Nebraska. Mizzou hasn't won in Nebraska in 30 years, but we are fully expecting to snap that losing streak and bring home a Tiger victory. The FB game is on ESPN at 8 pm. I am hoping to catch the end of it when we get back, but no worries, I love my DVR and will be recording the game (I'm a dork, I know). Soccer's home all weekend, so I am sure I will be catching at least one of those games.

1 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

Sounds fun! I get to go to a lock-in on Friday. Aren't I super excited?!?!