Friday, October 3, 2008

A New Look

The Hearnes Center aquired a new look this week, and I must say it looks amazing. Sadly, I have no pictures, so you will just have to come check it out yourself (ok, I'll take pictures sometime and post them, but things are a tad-bit busy right now). We ordered 35 foot banners to go on the 4 sides of Hearnes. They are HUGE, but make the main floor look so much better. It was so nice to see the finished product after helping vote for the design and see all the work that went into it. One side of the court says Mizzou, the other side says Tigers, both have a huge Tigerhead watermark behind them, then on one end is a 43' by 35' Big 12 logo with gymnastics and wrestling accomplishments beside it, and on the other end is a 42' by 35' Tiger head with the volleyball accomplisments on the sides of it. If you live in Columbia and haven't seen them, it is definitely worth a trip to the Hearnes, and while you're there catch a volleyball game, wrestling match or gymnastics meet.

Anyways, enough about the banners, we hosted Iowa State on Wednesday and pulled out a 5 game win against them. We started out up 2-0, then lost games 3 and 4, but played a great game 5 to win the match. ISU actually has a high RPI ranking, so that win was really big for us. Saturday we travel to A&M to play them, football is @ Nebraska, and soccer's at home all weekend. I highly suggest watching the FB game at 8 pm on ESPN. It's gonna be a great one!

Go Tigers!

3 Thoughts from Friends:

The Barnes Crew said...

I have to agree, the banners do look awesome...it really helps cover the empty portions of the arena!

Way to go volleyball on the win against Iowa State...I do have to sy that all my kids cared about at the match was "where's Brooke? Now what's she doing? Where's Brooke?"! :) You have some little fans that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll drive down next weekend and check out the Hearnes Center!

Dad

Brooke said...

I love your kiddos. I could tell they were so excited to see me when I walked through the tunnel. I'm happy to have fans..bring them every game!

Dad--very funny, thank goodness they got them up before y'all came for a visit!