Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ups & Downs

Saturday was a day of ups & downs. I got to watch part of the Tech game while eating at Carino's for our pre-game meal. I still cheer for them to win (except last year when they played Mizzou) and they won big today. 58-28 over K-State. Graham Harrell threw six touchdown passes and became Tech's all time leader in yards passing. Graham surpassed Kliff Kingsbury's record, which Kliff set while I was at Tech. Michael Crabtree also tied the Tech career touchdown record today with 30 overall.

Unfortunately we didn't come up on the winning end in volleyball tonight. A&M beat us in 5, 27-25, 19-25, 18-25, 25-23, 4-15. That brings our record to 8-7, 2-3 in Big 12 play. We struggle to play consistently, which is really hurting us in conference. Mizzou has only won at A&M once since the Big 12 was formed. A&M is a very tough place to go play and they always seem to play great at home. Wednesday we travel to K State & the game is on FSN-Kansas City for those of you who live in Columbia. After that we begin our 3 games in 6 days series, Sunday against Nebraksa, Wednesday against Kansas & Friday at Texas. Nebraska & Kansas are on TV as well--so if you are in town, come pack the Hearnes for it!

Now the football team pounded Nebraska 52-17. We didn't get home in time to watch any of the game, but I am catching up on it right now. I LOVE my DVR. The 35-point defeat was the Huskers' most lopsided home loss in 53 years and fifth-worst in Lincoln in the program's 119-year history. Of course it was also the first time Mizzou has won at Nebraska in 30 years! Awesome job tonight Tigers! Next weekend the Tigers host Oklahoma State who is also undefeated with a 5-0 record. It sounds like it will be a great game.

My parents are coming up on Friday and going to the football game on Saturday & the volleyball game on Sunday. I know I saw them a week and a half ago, but I am so excited to see them again! It will be another busy weekend, but I will get to spend some time with them.

2 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

Maybe I'll get to see ya too!

Tandy Adams said...

HI Brooke, yeah I started blogging too! Most of my family aren't on myspace so, bloggin works better to keep in touch with them! Girl you should have been there when Debbie got hit with the water balloon! She had on khakis and she was worried that she might have on red underwear! She makes me laugh.... daily! Miss you!