Thursday, October 9, 2008

Purple People Eaters

Yesterday we traveled to Manhattan, Kansas to play K-State. We fell in 4, but it was a hard fought match. All the games were very close. We won the first one, 25-22, then lost the next three, 22-25, 23-25, 22-25. One of our sophomores, Catie, scored a team-high, season-high, and tied-career-high 12 kills. This brings our overall record to 8-8 and 2-4 in Big 12. We have 3 games in 6 days coming up. Sunday we host No. 2 Nebraska. It's "Can the Husker" day at Hearnes. If you bring 2 cans of food you get in free & we want to pack the Hearnes because our game will be broadcasted on Fox Sports Network. Then on Wednseday we host Kansas, another TV game on Mizzou Sports Network. On Friday we play @ No. 3 Texas. As you can see it will be a tough week. I wish I was staying the night in Austin and going to the football game on Saturday, but I can't seem to get that worked out.

My parents are coming up tomorrow and I am SUPER excited! They should be here around supper time. Saturday morning I have practice and then we have a sports medicine pre-game tailgate at Casey's parents house. Several doctors are coming into town and cooking for us. Nebraska also has practice, but I can work around all of that. Then it's off the football game. Kickoff is at 7pm and the game is on ESPN2. Go Tigers!

0 Thoughts from Friends: