Sunday, October 26, 2008

Update, Update, Update

I should really be working on my mid-term for my Motivation class, but I really have no idea what I am doing on it, even if my professor says that there are no right or wrong answers...I have to somehow come up with 5 page answers for 3 essay questions. I read my mom the questions and she thinks they are ridiculous. One essay is to discuss what our final paper is going to be about--of which he informs us some people use as their dissertation--good lord what have I gotten myself into? I am a NON-thesis master's degree student and we could use this for our dissertation...I have a feeling the 4.0 in grad school might be gone after this semester. Hopefully I can pull it out though.

We hosted Colorado on Wednesday & swept them. 25-18, 25-23, 25-17...we played great and the game was so much fun! Saturday wasn't as joyous for the Tigers. We got swept at Iowa State, 18-25, 15-25, 20-25. Iowa State is on a roll right now, as they beat K-State in 5 on Wednesday. This week we travel to ku on Wednesday and host Tech on Saturday.

Football had a HUGE weekend! They shut out Colorado 58-0. Colorado had the third longest streak for not being shut out, 243 games which dates back to November 1988. HUGE HUGE HUGE for the Tigers! It is Mizzou's first shut out in Big 12 play. Chase Daniel matched his school record with five touchdown passes and Chase Coffman set a career record for receptions by a Division I tight end. We moved up in the rankings to #14. Football travels to Baylor on Saturday, but the game isn't on TV. I guess I will just have to watch GameTracker at the Hearnes on Saturday.

Soccer beat Baylor on Friday night 2-0. Unfortunately they fell to Texas today 1-2. I'm not sure where they stand right now, because soccer has ties and such..so I am not sure how to interpret their standings on the website. There are 3 teams with 6 wins, but OSU has 1 loss & 2 ties, Colorado has 2 losses & 2 ties and we have 3 losses & no ties. I do know that A&M is 7-2-1 and doesn't have a game this upcoming weekend, so their record is final. I guess we will just have to wait and see how things end up. Soccer closes out the season on Friday vs kansas at 6:30.

Alrighty, back to the mid-term, maybe I can make up some stuff that will make me sound like I know what I am talking about! Have a great week. :)

3 Thoughts from Friends:

Matthew said...

I am moving to Colorado and it is difficult finding a good college football team there.

emily and kyle said...

Good luck on your stupid midterm.

Tandy Adams said...

Good luck with the paper! I can't imagine going back to school.... whew! Glad it's you and not me!