Monday, February 23, 2009

A Boring Busy Life

The title of this blog pretty much describes my life right now. Boring, but beyond busy. I feel like I run around like a chicken with my head cut off many days. I have several early mornings right now and unfortunely long days that follow. Monday's I open the training room at 6 am, have volleyball individuals from 2:30-4:45, weights from 5-6, then class from 7-9:30. It's definitely a full day to start out the week. Tuesdays volleyball has 6 am conditioninga t Hearnes, so I am usually out the door by 5:30 am. We have open gym from 3-5, then I have class from 6-8:30. Wednesdays I get to sleep in and go into work at 9. We have individuals and weights again this day. Thursdays it's 6 am conditioning again, with open gym in the afternoon. I work doctor's clinic on this day and our doc usually gets here around 5:30ish. If Rex needs us for class then I stay and work that until about 8:30. Friday is another day to sleep in. At work at 9, pretty much a boring day at work until my girls finish with their weights at 6. Thankfully my weekends are free right now so that is nice.

I have taken advantage of having a few days off and been to visit Emily & Kyle twice in the last month. The last weekened in January I went home with Tara on Friday night to help her celebrate her birthday with some friends back home, then drove over & stayed with Emily & Kyle on Saturday and Sunday. (Tara's parents and Em & Kyle live about 20 minutes apart so it's nice to see everyone at once.) This past weekend I went back to visit Emily & Kyle for the whole weekend. Saturday Em & I went and got our hair trimmed and did homework that afternoon (exciting I know), and then on Saturday night we celebrated Kyle's birthday with some of their friends at Dave & Buster's. Sunday we went to church then ate lunch with the James family, which is always enjoyable. I absolutely love the James family, they are flat out awesome and always make me feel so welcome. Then I headed back to Columbia because Emily & Kyle were headed to Atlanta with the leadership team for a church planters conference.

At work, we have had our first wave of graduate assistant interviews, which kinda makes me sad because I know my time at Mizzou is coming to an end. I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience here, although I am excited to get back to Texas. I'm currently looking for high school coaching/teaching/athletic training jobs in Texas. I'm somewhat picky on where I want to live, but I feel like I have enough things to offer that I can be picky. We will see how that goes. I'm super excited to go to the boys state tournament in a few weeks with all the guys that spoil me. We should find out this week if Cooke got a suite again this year. I'm also pumped that Katie has decided to spend part of her spring break in Illinois & Missouri. She is flying into St Louis on a Wednesday and staying with Kyle & Emily until Thursday night, then she is coming to Columbia and hanging out with me on Friday. Rather than flying back she is going to ride with me back to Texas---I know she is thrilled for that 11 1/2 hour drive. I'll spend my spring break back in Texas and hopefully I will have some job interviews set up. If you hear of a coaching job that's open--let me know!!! :)

1 Thoughts from Friends:

emily and kyle said...

We are always glad to have you visit!
Even if we make you sit at a restaurant for hours and hours! :)