Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break

For having a week off, I don't feel like I got as much accomplished as I would have wished. I had all these plans to visit people and it just didn't happen. Katie flew up on the Wednesday before spring break to visit Emily, Kyle and me. She stayed with Em & Kyle on Wednesday night and Thursday. Thursday night I met Emily & Katie in Warrenton for supper and then Katie returned with me to Columbia. Friday we spent the day shopping and I showed her around Mizzou and some of the town. Friday night we went to the baseball game and then to eat with some of the other trainers. Saturday we made our trek back to Texas. I was very impressed with Boo, she only slept an hour and a half out of the 12 hours it took us to get back. That is quite the accomplishment for her. I tried to keep her entertained by bringing out the old school cds (which she made me feel old because she didn't recognize half of the songs) and singing to her. We made it back safe and sound though.


Sunday Dad & I went to church, then to Amarillo to pick up my mom. She had gone to Houston for the weekend to play grandma and babysit. I was very jealous, she gotten to see Henry twice in the last month. Then Sunday night Mom & I went to Lubbock to see my friend Valerie. Val and I went to undergrad at Tech together and she is now the women's basketball trainer at TCU. Lucky for me, TCU played their 1st round tournament game at Tech, so Val put us on the pass list so we could come see her. It was great to see her as well as several of my old bosses from Tech.


Monday was pretty boring, I don't really recall doing much. Tuesday I went to the store and helped Becky with some things and then went to Tate's baseball game. They won, so that was a plus, then Pam brought the kids by on her way home. I can't believe how much Rebecca has grown. I couldn't get them both to look at the camera and smile at the same time, so this is the best picture I have. Rebecca had gotten her 6 month shots earlier in the day, so she wasn't the cheery/happy baby she usually is.



I finally got her to smile for the camera before they left.
Robert LOVES to take pictures, but he always wants to see them as soon as you take it.

Wednesday I had an interview in Idalou. It went well. They have one girls assistant position open and may have another one open up depending on what another coach decides to do. After my interview I headed to Tuscola to spend the night with my cousins so that I would be closer to my interview on Thursday morning. I got to eat supper at Belle's in Abilene--great place I recommend that everyone eat there. GREAT GREAT homecooked food. I was stuffed off of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn, green beans and rolls. My aunt & uncle came to Abilene to eat as well, so it was nice to catch up with them. Thursday I had an interview in Goldthwaite that went very well. The coaching position is great, and I love the head coach. The teaching position isn't my first choice, so I am struggling with whether or not I am wanting to make that sacrifice.
Friday the blizzard hit the panhandle. Luckily Tulia didn't get it like Amarillo and north got. We had snow, but nothing major like they did. I really wanted to interview at River Road on Friday, but they cancelled school on Thursday before the weather even hit. Luckily, I was able to schedule the interview for Monday morning and my boss at Mizzou was very understanding and is allowing me to stay in Texas an extra day to get that taken care of. Friday night I hung out with a bunch of friends and had a blast. I miss all of them so much. It really makes me realize how much I miss Texas and how excited I am to get back down here. I really have enjoyed my time in Missouri, but everytime I come home I realize how much I am missing living 11 hours from home.
Saturday & today are pretty lazy days. Work on homework, make burp rags for baby presents and watching basketball. It was sad to see the Tigers lose yesterday, but they surpassed preseason expectations beyond comprehension. We were picked 7th in the conference in the preseason polls and ended up finishing in the top 8 of the nation...not bad at all!
While home I never got to go see Katie's house in Lubbock, didn't get to go see the McGuire family, didn't get to see the Wheelers or the Bezners & Van Beeks, haven't hung out with either of the Adams' brothers (although I did get to see Evan at El Sarape) or spend time with tons of other people. So I'm excited to get back this summer where I can see all of those people.
Well I've got to finish my homework for this week (even though I am missing class on Monday night) otherwise I am going to be way behind. Just a few more months as a Midwesterner and I'm back to Texas!

0 Thoughts from Friends: